Nordic Approach is a prominent force in the specialty coffee Industry. We work closely with the coffee supply chain, improving quality with farmers and exporters, and cultivating trusted partnerships to source green coffee. We are committed to excellence.
The company is part of Neumann Kaffee Gruppe (NKG), a globally operating green coffee service group consisting of 50 companies across 26 countries, including exporters, importers, farms, mills and services.
We are looking for a Director of Operations
The Director of Operations will have the overall responsibility for all procurement and trading operations. The ideal candidate will have worked with management and have extensive experience in coffee sourcing/procurement, trading and sales as well as operations such as logistics and supply chain management. You should also have an understanding of the specialty coffee market, and a track record of building supply chains and customer portfolios and advanced data-management skills.
- You will work as an operational director for the procurement and sales departments.
- Overall operational responsibility for commercial profitability and cost control
- Overall responsibility for HR within your departments
- Overseeing a comprehensive coffee procurement strategy aligned with Nordic Approach business plans.
- Risk management: Identify and mitigate potential risks within the sales and procurement process,
- Implement strategies for growth in sales globally across our different markets, products and customer segments.
- Budget management: Manage the sales and procurement budgets, ensuring cost control and efficient allocation of resources.
- Reporting and analysis: Prepare regular reports on procurement and sales performance, including KPIs, budget tracking, and trend analysis. Use data-driven insights to identify areas for improvement and support strategic decision-making.
- Manage and oversee customization and development of our ERP and relevant operational software.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor’s or other degrees in business administration, supply chain management, or a related field.
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience in a commercial environment, procurement or supply chain management
- Experience in the coffee sector or other relevant commodities
- A good understanding of economics, accounting and commodity trading mechanisms
- A proven track record in a leadership role of bigger teams.
- Fluency in English, with additional language skills preferred.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed. (The role will require 30-50 days traveling per year)
Some other skills that could be helpful:
- Strong technical, analytical and problem-solving skills, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Proficiency in procurement software and tools, such as enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems and inventory, e-procurement platforms.
Place: Oslo, Norway
Have we sparked your interest?
Please upload your CV, cover letter, and a short 1-minute video about yourself through the button below.
First point of contact: Morten Wennersgaard
Closing date: December 8th, 2023