Nordic Approach is a prominent force in the specialty coffee Industry. We work closely with the coffee supply chain, improving quality with farmers and exporters, and cultivating trusted partnerships to source green coffee. We are committed to excellence.
The company is part of Neumann Kaffee Gruppe (NKG), a globally operating green coffee service group consisting of 50 companies across 26 countries, including exporters, importers, farms, mills and services.
We are looking for a Sales Representative – Nordic Region
We are looking for a highly motivated, structured, and passionate coffee professional to join our Sales team. Your role will be to manage and grow relationships with the best coffee roasters in the Nordic/Scandinavia region.
- Responsible for sales and customer service, primarily in these markets:
- Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Iceland
- Responsibility for prospecting and establishing new customers, travel within the region + to trade shows.
- Eventual responsibility for existing key account relationships and forward planning
Some of your practical tasks will include:
- Phone, video, and in-person meetings with roasters
- Helping customers plan their coffee needs over time – volumes, pricing, timelines
- Managing a pipeline of opportunities and tasks
- Understanding flavor profile preferences
- Cupping sessions with colleagues, purchasers, and customers
- Educating customers on opportunities and challenges in coffee origins
- Educating customers on new issues in specialty — transparency, special preparation, fermentation, etc.
- Helping customers understand our coffees, pricing models, and how to grow
- Shipping coffees and dealing with customs
We are looking for someone who has:
- Both coffee and sales experience, either in green or roasted coffee
- A friendly, passionate, engaging, and people-oriented personality
- Attention to detail and a flexible learning mindset
- A passion for quality, traceability, and impact in the coffee industry
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Experience with customer service and an understanding of the customer service mentality.
Some other skills that could be helpful:
- A Nordic language can be helpful, but not required.
- Some knowledge of coffee buying and cupping
- Experience with the business challenges of specialty coffee roasters
- Knowledge and experience in the operation of management software. For example, CRM, warehouse, and inventory management.
Place: Oslo, Norway (for the right candidate, another location in Scandinavia is negotiable)
Have we sparked your interest?
Please upload your CV, cover letter, and a short 1-minute video about yourself through the button below.
First point of contact: Alec Oyhenart.
Closing date: December 8th, 2023