Nordic Approach is a prominent force in the specialty coffee Industry. We work closely with the coffee supply chain, improving quality with farmers and exporters, and cultivating trusted partnerships to source green coffee. We are committed to excellence.
The company is part of Neumann Kaffee Gruppe (NKG), a globally operating green coffee service group consisting of 50 companies across 26 countries, including exporters, importers, farms, mills and services.
We are looking for a Green Coffee buyer & Sales representative
We are growing our procurement team and developing our back-to-back (full container) business under the brand Tropiq. We are looking for a coffee professional to help us take our coffee buying and services to the next level.
- Purchase green coffee in line with the Nordic Approach strategy from assigned origins
- Contribute to a unique, competitive and up-to-date product range.
- Develop effective relationships with suppliers and manage the supplier relationship in the allocated origin(s)
- Issuing purchase and sales contracts as per defined terms and requirements
- QC assessment of allocated origin(s) in full. Providing feedback to suppliers, making selections, pre-shipment approval, and verifying QC claims
- Pipeline management for assigned origin(s) regarding pre-season planning, quality, pricing, product selection, shipments
- To actively engage with customers to grow back-to-back FOB sales
- Develop and manage a sales pipelines accordingly
Some of your practical tasks will include:
- Cupping sessions with colleagues,, and customers
- Phone, video, and in-person meetings with producers, exporters and roasters (customers)
- Coordinating sales and procurement with colleagues and existing long-standing relationships
- Support the lab, marketing team, and SPOT sales team by providing the required information and communicating clearly
- Price calculations for SPOT and FOB sales
- Following up on shipments, samples, milling, shipping
- Facilitating special needs for producers and roasters (customs, finance, etc)
We are looking for someone who:
- Has 5+ years experience as a green coffee buyer
- Have a good understanding of specialty coffee processing, production, and experience from coffee origins
- Experience in QC and cupping of specialty
- Contract management experience
- Excellent written and spoken English and Spanish
- Ability to prioritize and work in a well-organised manner with minimum supervision
- Strong team player prepared to work flexibly
- Experience with advanced excel/spreadsheets and/or complex ERP systems etc
Some other skills that could be helpful:
- Experience in sales and customer relationships
- Coffee industry experience on the exporter side or in coffee roasting
- A passion for quality, traceability, sustainability and impact in the coffee industry
Place: Oslo, Norway
Have we sparked your interest?
Please upload your CV, cover letter, and a short 1-minute video about yourself through the button below.
First point of contact: Morten Wennersgaard.
Closing date: December 8th, 2023